FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAL's Captain Denny Flanagan (In-Flight Experiences, Sightings, Schedule, etc.)
Old Sep 17, 2007, 3:53 pm
SeeYa

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
Originally Posted by cepheid
He is very aware that pilots aren't there just to haul people around, but are an integral part of the customer-facing team and that even small, easy touches by the pilots can make a significant difference in the passenger's experience before, during, and even after a flight. A lot of these little niceties are just that - little - and yet they can turn a bad flight into a good one. Capt. Flanagan said that every passenger deserves to get where they're going in a safe and enjoyable manner; he knows that they're not just passengers, they're people, and he clearly wants every pilot to share this outlook.
A very minor correction; he said (to the best of my recollection):

"My philosophy is this; I don't care what airline you fly(and they really hate when I say this). Again, I don't care what airline you fly, or whether you travel by train or your own car, but everyone deserves a safe, comfortable travel experience."

How very zen. And cool.
I agree meeting Capt. Flanagan was one of the high points of the weekend. What a kind, classy guy.