FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Falling in the shower
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2007, 5:53 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
That's It?

Originally Posted by GBGFlyer
I was staying in the Sheraton Suites Cuyahoga Falls. The hotel is one of the better ones BTW. But this morming, I fell in the shower because the skid resistent stuff was worn off the tub and there wasn't a shower mat. The damage to the shower was that the curtain hooks all broke and my back landed against the toilet.

They comped me breakfast, but I really wanted to pay for breakfast to earn more points.

Has anyone gotten hurt in the same fashion?
Fortunately, it hasn't happened to me. Sorry to hear and hope you are all right.

That said, a fall in the shower due to hotel negligence and all they give you is a free breakfast? I just recently had several minor, yet irritating problems, at an airport Sheraton (shuttle, room service, breakfast in restaurant) and they promised to comp the stay (presumably including the subject room service and award "goodwill" SPG points (although that seems to be a moving target from promise to promise to what now seems to have been credited).

While these are different properties, something doesn't seem right.