FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fly the concorde JFK-LHR for $1259 courtesy of Randy
Old Jun 19, 2002, 9:59 am
landspeed

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sunil:

1. When does the Startwood to Quantas 2:1 transfer deal end ?
2. Does the awards on AA/BA and Quantas allow for open jaws and stopovers.
3. I am thinking of claiming my award sometime later in the future (maybe not even a BA 1st/concorde award). Is this a good idea ?
</font>
- The 1:2 ratio isn't a promotion, per se- I've read that it's a holdover from when QF was a kilometers-based system- as a result, it may not remain forever!

- Open jaws and "surface sectors" are allowed, but unflown sectors count toward the mileage limits (eg- I'm flying into TXL and returning from VIE, so the TXL-VIE sector counts toward the 10,000 miles). In general, four additional stopovers are allowed for 10,000 points each. Check out http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/program/terms for the fine print....

- I'm putting some points int a QF account for unknown future travel- not a bad idea, IMHO, to get points over to QF while the 1:2 ratio remains, but you're subject to the same risks as having a lot of miles in any program (program changes, bankruptcies, etc.), However- unless you're sure that QF is the right program for where you want to go, you may want to keep at least some of the points in Starwood for flexibility/security.

[This message has been edited by landspeed (edited 06-19-2002).]