FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FT's 10th Anniversary party 2008 - date tba
Old Sep 13, 2007, 12:51 pm
Randy Petersen
Founder of FlyerTalk

You know, there might be something here. The official date is May 5, 2008 for the 10th anniversary and that is on a Monday next year. The problem for me is that we'd just be coming off the Freddies and likely pretty drained plus will be gone almost all of the prior week. BUT, let's say we did something the weekend of May 9-11.

I think I could convince a few people from the industry to show up and maybe have a panel about frequent flyer programs for a "town hall" type thing where everyone attending has a chance to listen and participate in.

If you remember the House of Miles, I have my basketball court right outside the kitchen but we have that 5 acre park as part of the "property" with plenty of room to entertain everyone.

I'm thinking I would come up with a special edition t-shirt for the event and everyone attending would get one gratis (and i better not see them up on eBay later on!). As well, I'd be willing to fund a day of prizes and surprises. What would you say if we had free drawings for $5,000 or 100,000 miles? What about 20 prizes of 25,000 miles apiece and a number of drawings for free hotel room nights and/or points vouchers?

I'd need some help with ideas for events other than the idea above since i have no flight kitchen, hangar or ops center to give you a tour of. But, you would all at least get a chance to get together and celebrate and share some of your thoughts of how FlyerTalk has hopefully helped you gain more knowledge about your miles, points and to some degree your general travel.

And getting creative - what about a special OMNI Dunking Tank where you could purchase a few balls to try and drown some of your favorite (?) pundits in that forum, with all the funds raised going to the FlyerTalk Cares program.

I'm willing to feed you all, dress you a little and even send some of you home with more miles and points than you came with. But my goal as is tradition with FlyerTalk itself, to send you all home happier than when you came.

Anyway, love this 'stream of unconscious' type thinking.....

your turn to add to the idea.

Note to essxjay: I think you might have just cost me $25K!!!!! But it makes me very pleased that members would want to celebrate this milestone...