FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM catering - Let's have your menus
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2007, 12:39 pm
johan rebel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's what KLM Director of Communications and Corporate Identy, Fatima da Gloria de Sousa, has to say about KL's culinary delights in the September issue of Holland Herald:

"Meals, for example, are meant to be enjoyed, whether you are on your own or with other people. KLM, together with A-brand names, such as Hotel Okura Amsterdam, provides not only delicious cuisine but a pleasurable total meal experience. It reinforces our look-good feel-good experience"

Having sampled KL's delicious shorthaul cuisine as recently as this afternoon, I really must find a mirror to confirm that I now look a lot better, after which I shall pinch myself to verify that I feel better too!

Somewhat off topic, but the folllowing quote from the same article is priceless too:

KL Director of Product Strategy Robert Prophet:

"It can be a balancing act sometimes, providing optimal customer value with optimal cost revenue, but our passengers respond enthusiatically to every change we make"

Does anybody know what "optimal cost revenue" actually means?

Finally, those planning WBC flights in the near future are hereby warned that for the next three months your dietary fate will be in the hands of restaurant De Jonge Dikkert. That's "The Young Fatso" in English.

Johan

Johan