FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long Distance Relationships
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2007, 2:27 am
Insiderdude

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Long Distance Relationships

Hey everyone - as our topics on FT are usually about miles and travel, I thought I'd post a shout out to those of us that may be in long distance relationships. Seeing that many of us travel a lot (and sometimes too much), what a better crowd than this to bounce some thoughts at.

I guess no matter at what stage of your relationship (casual, committed, engaged, married 50+ years, or otherwise), we all go thru the stresses of not being able to see each other like 'normal' couples (whatever that means anyway). As a sales manager, I commute up and down the west coast, and my GF lives in the Florida panhandle. Talk about a North American triangle. Thanks to mobile-2-mobile calling, we talk everyday, but only get hang out a couple weekends a month. We have our moments on both ends of the spectrum, and of course, look to the day when we can walk up to each other whenever we want (mid-'08).

Now, (not intending to turn this thread into more than it should), how does everyone handle the absence, timezones, and success stores (or lessons hard-learned)? From one FTer to another, I'm reaching out for some advice!