FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any specific prompts to help QF agent put a non-QF FF number in properly?
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:58 pm
flyingzzzd's

Programs: AA P, QFPM, EYG, HH D, PC PA
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Unfortunately there seems no provison to remove a Frequent Flyer no, and replace later with a AA Frequent Flyer no. Still need to phone to do this.
You do still need to ring up to have your previous FF number removed. You can then just go back and enter your new number online or ask the agent to do it for you while your on the line. We've all had mixed success with this method.

One very helpful lounge agent did write down the coding for me and I carry this in my wallet just in case the boarding passes don't come out right. The agent needs to be in the FF selection screen first - which has been discussed previously and most agents are able to do. Here are details on how to do this however from another thread:
1. Access the record locator and then type FF*. It will show each segment (sector) on a separate line with the FF details held against each sector.
2. Enter FFFPnnnnn/x, where FPnnnnn is the FF program and number, while x is the segment number you want to change.
3. Refreshing the FF* screen will then show the new FF details against each sector. It showed my AA FF number on segment 2, whilst my QF one remained under segment 1.
Just wanted to add that the exact code needed to type in when entering your AA number is:

FFNAA-nnnnnnn where nnnn is your membership number.
eg FFNAA-1A234B5 (obviously this is not my real membership number)

This code has worked for me 100% of the time when the agents have relented to try my suggestion of "the coding that a previous agent suggested should be used". If changing in the QP I just hand over my FF card and, once they say it's all done but the boarding pass doesn't show it, I hand over the above coding on the back of one of my business cards and explain that "my account is fussy" and apparently this is the only coding that will make it work.

Hopefully we won't need to do any of this soon - but I'll be keeping my coding with me just in case