FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 26, 2007, 6:06 pm
goingsomewhere

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
Hyatt Regency Vancouver Review - August 2007

Remodeling is finished, I believed.

I nailed a recent TravelZoo promo $119 CAD/night during the prime August 2007 travel season.

Hotel is very conveniently located. It is a short walk to Robson Street. It is right next to the Burrard Skytrain station.

They got those self-service check-in kiosks in the lobby. We didn't use it as the check-in clerks were not doing anything, and they were very helpful.

Individually, thermostatic controlled room.

The room decor felt like a boutique hotel. Flat screen TV. There was also a fancy radio with an iPod docking station.

Our room had an excellent view of the Fairmont. Very large windows. Beds were Grand Hyatt bed from Sealy, I believe.

Bathroom: I felt it needed more towel racks. But, it was decorated nicely. The walls and floor had a dark rock-looking type of finish.

Wireless web access: $9.95/24 hour

Pro: Stocked fridge mini-bar in room. You can move things around w/o getting charged. We use the fridge mini-bar to chill our outside drinks.^

Con: The ice and soda machine are not located on every floor. They are key accessed on another floor.

Great gym. New equipment.

For those arring late and very, very hungry, there is a 24 hour McD's right next to the hotel.

Hotel had a cafe in the lobby. And, I believe there was a bar also.

Also, those wishing to take the YVR scheduled bus to and from the airport, the bus does stop in the bus area next to the hotel.

A very good stay, and we hope return again someday.