FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Vienna Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2007, 10:31 am
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Actually, IC Vienna is very good with RAs. I am always upgraded to a Junior Suite on the Club Floor, with full access to the Lounge, which is not a program benefit even for RAs. In addition, Vienna is one of the few ICs where the upgrade appears on the PC website a few days after booking, even though the actual stay is scheduled several weeks later. My personal experience as an RA at IC Vienna is excellent.
Yes, but the OP is no longer an RA...and I do find it bizarre that he'd be sent up to the Club level to check-in if he was not upgraded to a room on that floor. And even more strange that they would not permit him to wait in the lounge until the room was ready. What damage could he do since there'd only be coffee and tea at that hour, no bar that he would be able to drain during his wait.

I do take exception with the OP's expectation that As should have lounge access as an entitlement of their status, but in this particular case remain perplexed as to why he was directed by the front desk to the Club level to check in? Unless he did not reveal that he was indeed upgraded as an A to a Club room, albeit without Club privileges (which does occur from time to time).