FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 8,000 Points Chase AGR Credit Card Offer
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2007, 8:09 am
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by cbender
I had the old AGR CC, and received the 8000 points offer. I interpreted it as being 4000 AGR points and 4000 of general CC points that Chase probably offers on most CCs. Thus, a total of 8000 points, but not 8000 AGR points. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I read it.
I think that you are misinterpreting the offer. You will get 8,000 AGR points under the terms of the offer. Chase will be responsible for transferring (and paying Amtrak for) 4,000 of those points, and those points will "appear" on your Chase statement, along with the points for any purchases you make with the card. The remaining 4,000 points will be Amtrak's responsibility. They will not appear on your Chase statement, and Chase will not be responsible for them. No other interpretation makes sense. If the 4,000 points that post on the Chase statement are not AGR points, what are they? And how would one be able to earn (and redeem) additional non-AGR "Chase" points? Surely, Chase would not let you earn both AGR points and some sort of non-AGR points for the same purchase.