FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you roll your eyes at "domestic travellers"?
Old Aug 15, 2007, 7:01 pm
trekkie
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
A lot of flyers on FT who travel overseas usually are those who are fortunate enough to be in occupation that allows for it.In asian cultures, it is inbuilt into workers and young people that it is a rare privilege to travel and should be cherished.
AFAIK,east coast culture is different from west coast culture and even though English is the spoken language, you find accents from Mid-west different from Californians and from New Yorkers.Im told a lot of newscasters actually originate from the region surrounding wisconsin due to clean accents.I see the point of diversity within USA.henceforth, i would consider interstate travel esp those in the opening post being that of similar overseas travel.

I am not from the USA so essentially, going INTL involves a shorter amount of miles than compared to a US citizen. Money and opportunities aside, it would appear "berating" and "scornful" to put someone down especially based on the points raised.

Last edited by trekkie; Aug 15, 2007 at 7:21 pm