FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MegaBus to offer $1.50 Fares SD-LA
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2007, 12:56 am
pudgym29

Programs: Global Entry · WN, UA, AS, DL, NH; IHG, Wyndham, Hilton, Best Value Inn, Marriott, Starwood, Ramada
Post Tough to beat

This expansion in service snuck up on me.
I've rode Megabus from Chicago to Saint Louis, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, and a couple of times to Cleveland. The last time coming back from Cleveland was Sunday, 1 April, which was when it expanded its service to Pittsburgh and Kansas City.
The fare is unbeatable. If there is anything I would warn prospective riders about - it's that the lavatory on the motor coach doesn't seem to have a wash basin. So, do not get too filthy.
The coach will make a stop somewhere en route. From Chicago to Minneapolis, it's a rest stop in Osseo, WI. on US 10 & I-94 [Exit #88]. From Chicago to Saint Louis, in Bloomington, IL. on SR 9 & I-55 [Exit #160]. From Chicago to Cleveland, in Toledo, OH. on US 20 north of I-90 [Ohio Turnpike Exit #59].
You can register with it if you want it to save some of your identifying data. It does not ask you for a credit card.
The route from Los Angeles to San Diego looks ok on the Los Angeles terminus; but the route number of the San Diego Transit bus to which it refers [#965] sounds like a part-time only route; so how you would get to your precise destination in San Diego seems queasy.