FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to meet the Air Marshall and other cheap tricks!
Old Aug 13, 2007, 9:28 pm
BDLORD

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Question How to meet the Air Marshall and other cheap tricks!

Yesterday while flying through a major airline hub on one of those 1 stop flights I got to meet the security for my flight.
I had decided to stay on the plane while the cleaners came on board. I had a rollerboard suitcase that was pretty heavy and loaded with valuables so I opted out of deplaning.
The FA's said goodbye, I guess airline policy dictates that they have to wait for the other crew to come on board before they could leave as I was staying behind.
It was interesting watching the cleaning crew; they really do try in the 15 minutes allowed them and also have two people to clean the 1st class section and four more to do the rest of the plane.
The FA's started to do the briefing and I moved out of the way.
Just as the briefing was ending two very clean cut young men entered the plane and produced what looked to me like a laminated ID card, it didn't look like a badge combo thing that some of my LEO friends carry but it sure made the FA jump to attention. She screamed at me to move away, you think she could draw anymore attention to the situation? I laughed and walked up to the front of the plane. Talk about the deer in the headlights look.
BTW I had flown with one of these guys a few times (more than five) before; I think he is NYC based.
If the FA would have not made a big deal it could of just have been a non event.
Anyone else been in this situation before?