FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA once again not the country's best line of defense....
Old Aug 13, 2007, 7:17 pm
roadtripman

TSA once again not the country's best line of defense....

I was flying from GEG to LAS recently, and I wanted to (legally) test how stupid TSA employees are.

I had around 12 oz. of sunscreen, in a long, standard Banana Boat tube, hidden in a side pocket, inside my suitcase. I did not claim this, and would say "Oh, I forgot all about that" in case I was caught, and let them keep it.

Well, they saw something on the x-ray: "check this here bag, Doug, I see sumthin".

Well, Doug being the genius that he was, didn't even find the easily accessible zipper, his hand touching the tube around 5 times.

On the return trip, they didn't even see it on x-ray.

If it were a terrorist with explosives, I doubt they would have been caught either. Don't you feel safe

Also, on this trip, I was sent through with a smile, and my grandmother was forced to get out of her wheelchair, patted down by a female (I need not say why it needed to be a female TSA agent), and given the run around. Needless to say I spoke up on why she was being singled out, and they told me "you just never know these days". I said "what a waste of the taxpayer's money" and walked away.

Something really needs to change here