FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's Baaaaack - Secure Flight redeaux
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2007, 7:13 pm
Superguy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Who's going to hire him as payback after all of these funds being wasted by DHS?
Spiff.

A couple things I was going to post earlier, but my son shut down my PC mid sentence ...

Originally Posted by Skeletor
The Homeland Security chief said he was unaware of any specific, credible threat against airlines. But based on recent car bomb attempts in Great Britain and public statements by terrorists, he repeated his view that "we are entering a period where the threat is somewhat heightened.
How can there be a "heightened" threat when he said there was no specific or credible threat? Just FUD.

"Look at the history of al-Qaida," Chertoff said. "The airplane has been a consistent favorite target of theirs."
Yeah, 2 attempts by AQ and the rest were idiot wannabes. Yeah, that makes it a consistent and favorite target. AQ goes for targets of opportunity.

On the domestic side, transferring watch-list checks to Transportation Security Administration officers "should provide more security and more consistency, and thus reduce misidentifications" that have frustrated passengers, Chertoff said.
Yeah, the same TSA that uses Consistent Inconsitency®, can't even get follow SOP or a memo, and is too concerned about the last threat.

"Secure Flight will not harm personal passenger privacy," Chertoff said. "It won't collect commercial data (about passengers). It will not assign risk scores and will not attempt to predict behaviors."
Then why do they need to collect the data? I'll give you hint ... we don't. I guarantee that that's what will end up happening ... eventually if he gets his way.

Hopefully, he'll be gone, we'll have a new administration that's a lot smarter and this will be scrapped before it gets off the ground. That's the one good thing about gov't in this ... it's excruciatingly slow. I hope it stays that way in DHS's case.

Super