FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Credit Card Churning For Miles Questions/Issues
Old Aug 9, 2007, 3:53 pm
Ripper3785

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by devriesryan04
So IS there anyone out there who HAS had an issue with insurance rates going up b/c of churning?

I have a friend who, against my advice applied for an amex gold card, amex delta, and spg, along with 2 or three cards in a relatively short period of time. He said his auto insurance went up $30 dollars a month. This may have to do partially with the fact that it was a lot of app's in a VERY short period of time, and that the only longstanding account on his report was a cc that he'd had for about 2 years. He may have had a loan too...

anyway... YMMV.
Thankfully I live in hawaii and according to previous posts, that would be illegal here. So my answer is no. About to get my annual ins refund check. My question on that is, how would the ins company know once you're a customer? Do they pull your report regularly? How can they do without your permission and wouldn't that be a hard pull? I wouldn't think they'd be able to do softpulls as is done for CC solicitations, etc. Are you/your friend sure there isn't some other reason the insurance went up? Rate change, market conditions, etc? I could see it going up if you were jumping around ins companies.