FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to gauge if there is enough interest in this petition
Old Aug 9, 2007, 12:23 pm
prosen

Programs: starwood plat, delta plat
Trying to gauge if there is enough interest in this petition

This may seem silly to some, but it irks me every morning when I walk out of my hotel room at Starwood hotels.

The ever present USA Today. Even when I ask them not to deliver, they still do, and then just don't charge me the 75 cents. My problem with this is that I dont want them to engage in such wasteful practices. The energy require to print, distribute, etc, all of those papers is insane. And for what? The courtesy of delivering one of the worst newspapers printed to every guests room! Who "reads" that thing anyway? Its awful. I come away feeling more informed from reading a cereal box then I do USA Today.

So here is what I want, a petition request that SPG STOP AUTOMATIC DELIVERY of USA Today to all of it's guests, so that it can begining tailoring their consumption of the paper to meet actual demand. For two reasons (1) USA Today is just a bad useless paper and (2) The practice is a horrible waste of resources and just represents unnecessary damage to the environment.

Am I alone on this?