FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All electronics must be removed from bag.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:19 pm
Superguy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by thegeneral
Did anyone actually read the article? Unless your idea of an Ipod has a few desktop drives inside of it, you won't need to worry. People with portable DVD players will have to take them out. They're essentially mini computers.
Did you read anything here? First article said all electronics. TSA revised it to just things like an Xbox. However, some airports say all electronics out like they didn't get the memo.

Those people talking about this article and phones and ipods are just acting childish. If I didn't know better, I'd say that this forum is full of people who just like to complain about things for no reason.
And folks who like to complain about those that complain. Are they any better?

It is the people who are combative with the TSA who talk back and complain about regulations and rules who cause far more delays than someone having to take one article from their carryon. I take my laptop out now. If i had a DVD player to take out, it would not delay my getting through security by one second. It is not a rate taking step. It would delay my departure from security by the time it takes to put the item into my bag.
No, it's TSA's fault. Before TSA, I was never in line more than 10 minutes, and that was with people bringing family and friends to see them off. Now I get thru security in 10 minutes on a GOOD day.

Rather than fix a broken system, I guess your solution is to put your head down and be good little sheeple?