FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Oakwood
Thread: Which Oakwood
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2007, 9:33 pm
Denolloyd

Programs: UA1k, DL
Which Oakwood

Hello again! Some of you have provided me with much needed information regarding Tokyo nightlife and I am extremely greatful for the assistance (esp LapLap, Mosburger, and Pickles)!

I have been on this site ALL DAY trying to find viable hotel options.

I will be in Tokyo 8/22 - 8/31. I am going to be honest, my friends and I are trying to do this on the cheap. I know, I know, Tokyo is not the place for Cheap, but we're gonna try.

I have 100,000 hilton points and a holiday inn stay available.

So far I have arranged the following;

8/22 - 8/23, Holiday Inn Narita for my first day. This will give me time to relax / rest a bit before my friends arrive at NRT on 8/23. (I also have a Holiday in stay I need to burn).

8/23 - 8/25, We will be at the Hilton Tokyo Bay (Free via points, and Hilton Tokyo did not allow 3 to a room).

8/30 - 8/31, We will be at the Hilton Narita getting ready to head back (Free).

As you can see, 8/25 - 8/30, we do not have a place to stay. The oakwood Roppongi looks really attractive. Great price (14000 yen) and a good location for bars, etc. Should this be ok for a few nights? I have read both good and bad. If not, what about Oakwood Yotsuya or Oakwood Shinjuku?

We have no specific it Itinerary. Just looking to get away for a few days...

I know this is a lot of moving around for a relatively short trip, however, after working for my company for 9 years (my friends for 3), our operation was shut down and we lost our jobs... We kind of needed a vacation and due to all of my points from business travel, I was able to cut a few corners regarding hotels...

Thanks again everyone for your assistance.

And yes, I have searched... ALL DAY...

Thanks!