FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do you feel about behavior-observing officers?
Old Aug 5, 2007, 11:41 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is this entire post for real?

Indeed, that MIGHT get you flagged, but the difference between a casual observer like we all are and a TRAINED behavior spotting officer is that he/she would probably be able to tell the behavioral pattern.
The TSA SPOT participants are not TRAINED observers - they took a short class and were let loose to expand the TSA's brand of institutionalized incompetence.

Then, maybe not but what would you prefer ? Be inconvenienced on a maybe basis and be able to explain it all, or have your relatives all be flagged a week later as they are flying to your memorial service held on land a few thousand or hundred miles from where your plane was blown up mid-ocean ?
All I can say is

There is no doubt that our counterterrorism approach is flawed by the degree of individual freedom we take for granted, but these liberties can and must lapse when your own interest and safety are at stake.
Sure, let's just get rid of the Constitution altogether - that darn pesky document is putting us all at risk. Who needs it? We're at war, dammit!

Israel, where maintaining security is a paramount science which has precedence above all liberties without any signficant challenge from those at risk, has behavioral evaluators everywhere and their results are good.
Good results, eh? You might want to discuss that with the victims and families affected by the myriad of bus and cafe bombs that have plagued Israel for many years.

My only concern is that efforts in that direction in the US will be fought on and on by pea brains who do not realize that freedom is useless when you are dead.
I'd rather be dead than live in the AmeriKa you envision.

Take the example of those who discuss at length in one of the forums how to smuggle liquids on board. They completely ignore the fact that two "perfect strangers" could walk aboard a plane with medium quantities of 2 completely innocuous liquids bought at your local supermarket, mix them in flight and spell disaster. No recipe given here, but it does exist.
No it doesn't exist - and the myth has been busted by many respected scientists - maybe you'd like to turn those scientists over to the FBI, as it's obvious someone needs to question their loyalty . Don't like my smuggle info? Don't read it.

I'd turn all the writers on that thread over to the FBI, but I am confident that they do not need me for that.
No, please. Indulge us. Go ahead and contact your local FBI office and TSA HQ and please let them know all about our little forum.