FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lawyers Allowed through TSA Security to Serve Legal Document
Old Aug 4, 2007, 2:53 pm
chrisny2

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by essxjay
Good questions.

Since we've got at least two lawyers here, lemme play devil's advocate for a moment and ask this: why -- and on what grounds -- wouldn't these lawyers be allowed in the secure area to serve papers? They're officers of the court, doing the court's bidding ... right? As long as the men were subject to the same security protocols at the c/p that everyone else was, what was problematic about their presence in the sterile zone?
Well, I guess that was my question. I know that specific people are allowed through the checkpoints: Passengers, Airline/Airport employees, People assisting children or disabled passengers, Families greeting or saying goodbye to deployed military personnel, Hotel Guests at the DTW Westin...

I didn't know that serving legal documents would fall into the "approved" category, but perhaps it does. (I can't seem to find a list on the TSA website of who, in fact, is allowed through the checkpoints. Probably because it varies a lot per airport.)

Originally Posted by essxjay
Isn't it the point of mockery to show-up phoniness and facades? I'm not following the line of reasoning given.
I guess my point was that it's just another example of the absurdity of certain TSA rules.

(oh...and I'm not a lawyer yet. one year of school left!)