FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lawyers Allowed through TSA Security to Serve Legal Document
Old Aug 4, 2007, 2:18 pm
essxjay
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Regardless of the politics of the restraining order, why were these lawyers allowed into the secure area? I wonder if they purchased tickets just to get through TSA security? Or is there some policy allowing people through security just to chase people down?
Good questions.

Since we've got at least two lawyers here, lemme play devil's advocate for a moment and ask this: why -- and on what grounds -- wouldn't these lawyers be allowed in the secure area to serve papers? They're officers of the court, doing the court's bidding ... right? As long as the men were subject to the same security protocols at the c/p that everyone else was, what was problematic about their presence in the sterile zone?

(p.s. I think the current security rules are largely ridiculous, but I think that it makes a mockery of the security facade to allow people into the secure area to pull a guy off a plane to serve him legal documents.)
Isn't it the point of mockery to show-up phoniness and facades? I'm not following the line of reasoning given.

Last edited by essxjay; Aug 4, 2007 at 2:23 pm