FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyTeam Asia Pass + SkyTeam Booking on Line
Old Jul 29, 2007, 3:07 pm
John MacCalman

Programs: EK Gold,UA 1K + 1 Million Miler
SkyTeam Asia Pass + SkyTeam Booking on Line

I am planning on using the SkyTeam Asia Pass on a trip in September. I am flying out from Europe to HKG (Hong Kong) and returning from BKK (Bangkok) both flights on KL so I qualify for a Skyteam Asia Pass.

I plan on visiting SIN (Singapore) and perhaps a couple of other side trips as mileage runs!

None of the cities I plan on visiting are actually connected by direct SkyTeam fights though once China Southern joins the pack, that situation should improve.

I plan on connecting through either NRT (Tokyo) or ICN (Seoul) which would help my mileage. I don't mind the long cnnection times as I will take advantage of the transit tours at Incheon.

My question is this. If I am making a connection, does the connecting point count for one of the coupons?

The online info on the SkyTeam website also refered to certain flights not being available. In the EXTRACT from the terms and conditions of sale you find the folowing "Excluded Flights: see SkyTeam Asia Pass fare rule in airline GDS." This is not much use as the public can't get easy access to these fares rules - unless someone knows how to access the fares rules in the GDS (Global Distibution Systems)

Any help would be appreciated...

And finally... any sign of SkyTeam coming up with an online booking system that will work across all the partners?