FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Airlines' Secret Million-Mile Awards- Where is NW ??
Old Jul 29, 2007, 2:19 pm
avidflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
whatever little trinket they give you (be it a bag tag, a pen, a certificate, a pat on the back) won't really matter much.
But lifetime Gold at 2, 3 or even 4MM would. I believe NW will roll something real (not the bag tag, though I will cross the MM threshold next year and was hoping to get it )out in the next few years. This will become a marketing requirement as the boomers and genX'ers start to think about retirement. I for one want to enjoy travel in my retirement years (as opposed to the semi-grind it is for work…just got back from AMS for the 3’rd time this month) and if I have to switch to AA or DL for the last 6-7 years of my working life to get extended benefits I will. I am, of course, VERY happy with NW at the moment and by my calculations they have about 10 years to roll something out or I have to re-focus elsewhere. I will cross that bridge when I get to it but it is something that many folks are starting to look at.