FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The ignorance on this board showed by some people is staggering...
Old Jul 27, 2007, 6:58 pm
otacon72

Originally Posted by birdstrike
OK, Seriously.

Except for the "bad apples" that we agree exist in all jobs, I don't think anyone here is dumping on screeners qua screeners. Individual screeners are generally respected as individuals (despite the assumption of many that thay have made a poor choice of jobs).

"Generic screeners" are dumped on as a proxy for everything that is wrong with the TSA and DHS.

Please don't mistake criticism for the group as criticism of individuals except as specifically indicated.

That's all I wanted to hear, thank you birdstrike. It's a VERY small group of people that post on here that irk me. Just wanted to voice my opinion that not all screeners are bad, they are just doing their jobs. Everyone makes mistakes but they are out in the open under a magnifying glass as they should be. Wasn't trying to piss off anyone by starting this thread but it just bugged me. One last thing before I go, some signature, I think it's a MOD's, has something like "X-RAY machines cannot detect an explosive device" YES they can... or I should say some of the new models can. They detect certain densities in the substances being scanned and bring attention to it.

Last edited by otacon72; Jul 27, 2007 at 7:04 pm