FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions for official LH lurker, LHrelate
Old Jul 27, 2007, 9:28 am
yapak2

Refunding of Taxes!?

After all the praise and welcome for Michelle...^^^
here comes a first, and certainly tricky question, that i raised in another thread....it relates to the refunding of taxes and fees for unused portions of the ticket...here comes the quote from the other thread:

"I have heard different stories in the past, both from fellow travellers as well as from LH so that i would rather see LHRelate formulate an oficial position on what LH´s policy is with regards to taxes on unused tickets.
Whenever I check my M&M card, I have so many entries on it, it would possibly bring down half of Germany´s remaining forests to produce enough paper to list all unused coupons.

While some of the coupons are missed flights/rebooked on other carriers because of changed business requirements, some are clearly the result of a cost-conscious, creative booking pattern.

HOWEVER: There has to be something official, that is also in line with legislation, and whether that is the

a)no way to refund,
b)no prob, but we recalc to a oneway first,
or
c)no prob and we dont recalc

version, i can live with all, but if Michelle is around, would you be able to comment?

Anyone else interested in this?

Happy diving,
yapak2"

So, Michelle, if you read this and are able to enlighten us on this subject, then I would be a happy boy....

Happy Weekend everyone,
yapak2