FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Early AM flight delayed w/o notice
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2007, 9:32 am
mdb

I am sorry - but the amount of excuses here are laugh-able. NW did not contact the OP as maybe they could have, and basically realized thier error and that is why the appology and the miles.

NWA has created this nightmare - and it is not the customers' fault for not anticipating it - period.

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
But how does OP know that NW knew? It's pure conjecture designed to support the original argument that NW knew but didn't bother to notify.

It wouldn't be known what the delay was like until the day's flight was over. How late would the previous crew be? Without that Magic 8 Ball, no one knows how late they'll be until they've arrived in OKC and the day is officially over. At some point, if they're too late, NW has to make the call whether to cancel the morning flight, fly in a new fresh crew in the early AM, or just delay the flight. Hard for them to send out a message when they don't know what they're going to do until well after OP is (presumably) asleep yet the crew hasn't arrived in OKC yet.

Look what geoffco posted. Crew apparently arrived around 1am. OP surely would have been enjoying precious Zzzzzz by then. If not, I doubt that sleep is as important to OP as it was made out to be. The crew was likely sleeping when OP awoke and went to the airport, yes, but you're ignoring the fact that the crew was still working when OP was asleep earlier, and FAA rules require minimum rest periods.

I've read every post carefully in this thread. You apparently haven't before you decided to blast away at me, NWA, and the crew. All for a few hours of precious sleep and getting up early.

Yeah, well, OP didn't do much to help himself in this case, either...

Good grief. They "dropped the damn ball" for following FAA crew rest regulations and for not notifying OP immediately after the delay? But OP didn't "drop the damn ball" for not bothering to check on the status of his own flights?

The "attack NWA and anyone who tries to look at all sides of a situation" mentality tiresome, especially over a couple of hours of sleep. There are greater tragedies in the world.