FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Siam Paragon Shopping center
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2007, 8:54 am
flyrights
Suspended

Originally Posted by SaigonCyclo
I find ZEN Central quite empty as well. And I don't really care for the layout. The Chitlom BTS is just about a 5 minute walk to ZEN. And the nice part about it is you don't need to go down to street level. There's a covered overhead walk way that connects Chitlom and Siam BTS stations. I wish they had more of those in between stations. I'd walk a lot more there.
That covered walkway, above street level, is great. There's another one in the Victory Monument BTS area. But even that 5 minute walk from Chitlom BTS to ZEN, compared to the SIAM BTS being DIRECTLY CONNECTED to Siam Paragon, makes a HUGE difference in the number of people that will go inside. And I think it's a little more than a 5 minute walk, maybe 8 minutes. In Bangkok, even covered with the Skywalk, most foreigners/westerners will be DRENCHED with sweat by the time they get there.

I've also noticed that Bangkok's shopping centers are NOT aircondioned as low as the shopping centers in Singapore are... not sure about the ones in Kuala Lumpur.

I would love to know what the air conditioning bill at Siam Paragon is per month... must be $250,000 per month i'm guessing. Maybe more.