FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I did like TWA...
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2003, 4:18 pm
kappa

Programs: Ex-BA Silver; Ex-UA Premier
socalter. I doubt that Dodi, or the other Very Senior TWA FA's (in both # and age) who recently received a lot of ink) were then on top of the seniority list when obscure2k flew CDG-JFK with "children" who are "now grown".

I too have fond memories of my first commercial trans-Atlantic flight on TWA followed by many more. I still have the card of the receptionist in the CDG Ambassador Club, Maryannick Bizette, who in the '70s went out of her way and far beyond anything expected to help me with a problem I had encountered.

In the early days of trans-Atlantic non-stop jet (707, DC8, 880, 990 and finally 747, I used both PA and TW depending on the schedule and destination, but TW was my favorite. It was always an ego trip and treat to be in the Club in T-5 at JFK awaiting departure for overseas.

Those were also the days when both TW and PA had the 'right' to fly intra-Europe, especially from France and Germany. Each had a fleet of twin-engine metal to connect to cities not served non-stop from JFK or from ORD, LAX and SFO.

What wonderful times!!!