FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British tourists turn their back on America
Old Jul 22, 2007, 10:05 pm
Spiff
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by flyinbob
Do you really think people will put off trips halfway around the world just because there will be a 30 minute hassle at the airport? Or a 60 minute hassle? Who does that? Is there any credible evidence that the pain-in-the-... TSA or immigration is the cause of this? It's like saying I won't go to London because the cab ride into town to way too long, or I don't like all those cameras on the street. A drop in tourism because of airport hassles? Tough sell.
I cancelled a trip to Brazil when they started fingerprinting US citizens in response to our disgusting policies. Cancelled a rather expensive hotel stay too. I made sure both the airline and the hotel knew why I was cancelling and hope they passed the info along.

I also cancelled all travel while liquids were completely forbidden. Again, I told the airlines and the hotels that lost money as a result of my cancellation why I was doing it.

Both of these disgusting policies have been rescinded. I hope those who cancel their trips to the US because of our disgusting, un-American policies will meet with similar success.

Israel gets no tourism money from me because of their treatment of travelers who depart TLV. I've stopped emptying my wallet in the UK because of BAA policies. Yes, Virginia, people do take these stupid policies into account when they go on vacations and have options as to where they choose to empty their wallets.