FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Men's room predators approached my son in CLE 7/21/07
Old Jul 22, 2007, 10:20 am
dhuey
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Markie
At the very least the two men behaved very inappropriately towards a child in a public rest room. They might learn from that.
I hope these two learn that we as a society have gone from pretending that sexual predations on children don't happen, to the fear that they're happening all the time, everywhere. So if they were joking about this in a men's room with a 10-year-old, they have a very dangerous sense of humor.

The reality of sex abuse of children is that the vast majority of cases are people (and let's face it: men) in a position of trust. Last I looked up the number in the FBI data, there were about 100 child abduction cases/yr. nationwide involving strangers.

I'll never forget one abduction tragedy where a kid was abducted playing out in her front lawn. The devestated mother pleaded into the camera, "parents, don't ever let your children play outside if you're not watching them." I worry that a lot of parents took her up on this advice.