View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 07, 5:03 am
mikew99

Programs: AS 75K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aurigakb View Post
The ground level ( food stalls/ restaurants/ supermarket) section of Siam Paragon is really worth a visit. I was most impressed. The rest of the complex is not that impressive, and certainly not that busy. The zen Central complex sounds good on paper, but it is strangely deserted. Simply do not know how they are going to survive. Quite nice and expensive food court on one of the upper levels.
I happen to be in Bangkok right now on holiday, and I stumbled by chance right into the food court the Siam Paragon. This must be the biggest food hall that I have ever been to in any country. Everything from cheap Thai hawker stalls (satay about 10 baht each) to mid-priced American chains to pricey Italian restaurants all under one roof, all on the same floor.

I had a thrill trying out different items at many of the cheap Isetan-like stalls in the center area: satay, sausage-on-a-stick, fried bananas covered in sweet rice, and filled mini-pancakes. They put each in a plastic bag for you to take away. Grab a bench seat and start eating! One of my best experiences in Bangkok.