FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA won't honor liftime TW Ambassador memberships :(
Old Mar 24, 2001, 2:11 pm
2 Million Miler

Location: Milwaukee, WI (Now 3 Million Miler) NWA 120 Segment Gold, CO Plat
Originally posted by wschild
:
I hope AA doesn't reconsider. As an AA Platinum, I have paid for club access for several years. AA's clubs are much nicer then the TWA clubs I have been to. Admirals clubs have many more features and better service. This costs money. How can AA make business sense in giving lifetime memberships to TWA members?
wschild:

And we haven’t been paying for years? Or the money we paid for our memberships isn’t as “good” as you money? I paid annually for several years before buying my Lifetime card. I have owned it for almost nine years now. And guess what? It cost money, too!

And as far as quality of the clubs is concerned, what’s the deal there? It doesn’t matter to me, or anyone else, I’m sure, whether the AA’s clubs are nicer. Using your logic, if the tables were reversed, and TWA was buying out a floundering AA, does that mean that AA club members SHOULD get TWA club access because they aren’t as nice as AA’s, so you really wouldn’t be gaining anything? Get real!

As far a being a good business decision to honor them, this one’s a real no-brainer. Anyone who has a lifetime membership in any club, has both the financial wherewithal to afford one, and obviously does a lot of flying, or they would not need one. Where is the good “business sense” in alienating a customer that not only has the money, but spends a lot of it flying? Or does alienating a good customer somehow make sense to you also?

------------------
Blue Skies to you all!