FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Early AM flight delayed w/o notice
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:15 am
glafollette

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Diamond, all other damn frq trvlr programs - base member
Early AM flight delayed w/o notice

I am Platinum Elite and very loyal to NWA.

I fly them even to OKC where both the equipment and the schedule are less attractive than the competition. But I stick it out!

On Friday, July 20th flight 4708 was scheduled out of OKC to MSP at 7:20AM. That early departure meant I had to get up at 4:30am in order to drive from my hotel to the airport, return my rental car, and clear security. Imagine my GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT when I arrived to see the flight delayed 2+ hours for crew rest. I had checked flight status and printed my boarding pass late the evening before .... I guess I wasn't smart enough to check AGAIN 5 hours later!!!

The crew overnights HERE in OKC so NWA knew THE NIGHT BEFORE that the flight would be delayed.

WHY, WHY, WHY did I not receive an email or text message so advising?
I do NOT believe I should have to sign up for "alerts" for EVERY FLIGHT!! I book dozens and dozens of flights. NWA knows my email address and my cell phone number.

I'm tired and grumpy and it's THEIR fault. I am usually a big NWA fan.

I still am ..... I emailed NWA CS and received a PERSONALIZED apology back within 4 hours. It said, in part:

We do regret you were not notified in advance of the flight irregularity. I realize that accurate information would have saved you a significant amount of time and frustration. Our policy is to notify as many passengers as possible with a goal of 100%--but this is not always possible. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Your concerns have been shared with our Vice President of Reservations Sales and Services.

We do value you as a Platinum Elite customer, and for that reason we have added 11,500 WorldPerks bonus miles to your account.

Got home on time .... miles earned: FSD>MSP = (500+625) and MSP>OKC = (695+869) RT = 1125 + 1564 or 2689 plus double miles for the NWA Visa purchase = 1402 plus the 11500 "complaint" miles. Grand total 15,591!!!

gll
Total Mileage Since Enrollment now 2,384,249