FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Likelihood our flight canceled or disrupted toward end of month (july)
Old Jul 20, 2007, 6:54 pm
RobOnLI
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Was booked on NW209 today - BOS-DTW-SEA. BOS-DTW went off fine but DTW-SEA got cancelled. Still can't believe they cancelled a fully-loaded flight to SEA.

On the phone with the Plat line for an hour yielded nothing but a flight tomrw at 1220pm. In line for 30 minutes and then talking w/ the service center agent for 45 minutes. We found DTW-LAX-SEA (arriving 130am). They tried three times to get NW to overbook the 730p direct flight to SEA but they wouldn't budge because so many people were affected by the cancellation.

Finally, at the last second, we found DTW-DFW(NW)-SEA(AA). I'm currently sitting in DFW waiting for my flight to SEA. How I loathe AA...but at least I get home.

The killer of it all is that I cancelled my perfectly good, "R" class booked trip on CO for tonight BOS-CLE-SEA so that I could get home in time for a friend's birthday dinner. Obviously missing that now. I will arrive in SEA tonight at the same time the plane from CLE would have arrived. The net affect is I saved $90 because the CO ticket was more expensive - but I'm doing it half in coach.

Oh, and my 100% domestic upgrade percentage died this morning as I missed BOS-DTW. What a week!

Good luck and I hope NW doesn't cancel many more flights. I've got two 757's next week SEA-MSP-LGA.

-RM