FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - crying babies in FC is one thing but...
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 07, 12:40 pm
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat Amb
I love how some people think pet travel is somehow optional. Yes, maybe it is for Madonna's puppies, but it wasn't for my cats or the millions of other animals who must travel when their owners relocate. In my case it was a choice of a 5-hour transcon flight or a hellacious 3000 mile drive with 2 cats. Anybody who knows anything about cats knows that the flight was far more humane for all involved. I sedated the animal before we left for the airport, and he didn't make a peep until about an hour before landing.

Pet travel is not always optional, and auto travel is not always feasible, e.g. Hawaii. Those with allergies are always free to contact the airline and book another flight, because most airlines require you to make a pet reservation if you want to bring the pet on the plane.

As for the stats on pet deaths, I'm not going to do your research for you but I'm sure a quick web search will turn up the data you require.