View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 07, 12:29 pm
Starwood Lurker
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
Some of us SPG customers would appreciate it if SPG required that a minimum percentage of a hotel's rooms are made available for standard award redemptions.
Yes, there are probably a lot of things folks would appreciate; however, reality suggests another outcome in regard to this request.

There may be an incentive for the hotel to severely restrict how many rooms it makes available for award redemptions until a point in time when the hotel knows it's hit (or certainly going to hit) the 90% occupancy level. This is yet another reason why I'd like to see Starwood require that a minimum percentage of rooms at the individual hotel properties be classified as "standard rooms" for purposes of award redemption. Last minute award availability might be useful for the likes of me but is generally not useful to most SPG members who want to use points for scheduled leisure purposes.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think hotels work on the assumption that they aren't going to sell out. Quite the opposite, actually.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]