FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion: Proposal For a 9W (Jet Airways (India)) Forum
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:57 am
SuperFlyBoy

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by tommy777
It might and might not. Finnair is also a booming carrier, just like Jet. But theres a huge difference: Finnair is a member of OW.
Jet is currently in negotiations to join OW.

However, as a current member of *A, I wrote to *A, protesting the fact that AI was to join, as well as indicating my preference to Jet regarding their joining OW instead of *A.

But, after having just experienced F on AA (after just flying LH F, btw), I think that OW may not be such a bad thing after all, amazingly!

Jet would also have a better chance of dominating the other OW carriers, which would be difficult if they joined *A.

As of now, Jet is a little part of a forum where there is enough action to make it interesting.
The reason is because not many of the Jet FF'ers have not been exposed to FT so far - this will change drastically in the coming weeks - don't underestimate this fact.

If we keep giving every specific airline their own forum, there will be less and less traffic making these forums less useful. I also can't see how an airline that has 2 threads and 6 posts in 10 days need their own forum.
If this is the actual criteria for this, I am sure that we can drum up support for this in a few months.

I know they have great international plans, but that's not a good enough reason to claim a separate forum.
Their "plans" will be *reality* in a few weeks, and you will see the Western world appreciate this airline - it just hasn't happened yet, but will!

Jet is not a revolution, people won't stop needing status on their home carriers they fly most of their flights on and start flying Jet to and from India.
Jet hails from a country where sold-out international flights (in J and F mostly) are the norm nowadays, and is "home" to over a billion people (and many non-resident Indians/other nationals of Indian extraction) - I wouldn't sell this country short... (amazingly, I am defending India, when I am it's biggest critic! )

Added: I also do not think that other country's nationals' participation is even needed for it to be considered on FT...