FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion: Proposal For a 9W (Jet Airways (India)) Forum
Old Jul 18, 2007, 9:12 am
tommy777

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I would say that we would have much more action than the recent Finnair addition...
It might and might not. Finnair is also a booming carrier, just like Jet. But theres a huge difference: Finnair is a member of OW. That said, I'm not sure giving Finnair their own forum was the right thing to do, but it's already done.

As of now, Jet is a little part of a forum where there is enough action to make it interesting. If I'm going to India and I'm traveling domestic, I know exactly where to turn right now. I just don't think every domestic airline needs its own forum (I know Jet are expanding abroad..). We have decent traffic on Other Asian Airlines Forum and other forums where smaller airlines in a region are gathered. If we keep giving every specific airline their own forum, there will be less and less traffic making these forums less useful. I also can't see how an airline that has 2 threads and 6 posts in 10 days need their own forum.

I know Jet is booming, but it still doesn't change the fact that most FTers will not fly Jet a lot and will not join / use their FFP. As of now, they are a domestic Indian airline and most FTers will need help for flights domestic India. The Other Asian Airlines Forum is sufficient enough for that purpose.

I know they have great international plans, but that's not a good enough reason to claim a separate forum. The Jet traffic up till know does not IMO qualify for an own forum. If there were threads starting every day and many posts, I would reconsider.

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy

I would beg to differ:

LH Miles & More, TG ROP members can *earn* and *redeem* for flights on 9w.

Understand that recently code-sharing with Quantas is now active as well.

From Jet's webpage, stipulating earning and redeeming with Jet's program:

"Airline Partners
Air France
Austrian Airlines
Gulf Air
Jet Lite
KLM
Lufthansa
Northwest Airlines
Qantas
South African Airways
SWISS
THAI
British Airways (redemption partner only)"

Will research the rest, if required.

I also note that a recent FT'er flew from CMB to DEL using his FB KLM points, redeemed on 9w, in biz class...
I know that you can earn miles on two *Airlines, but it's extra miles that doesn't count towards status. So for M&M members, it's a few extra miles when traveling within India, nothing else. LH flyers fly LH to India to earn status. Extra points means nothing to me. A flight from Europe or the US to India is a long flight with the ability to earn many EQMs. If a FTer is going to India, they will of course fly their home carrier or a carrier that gives EQMs

I know that Jets own program gives you the ability to earn on partners, but it's still not a program for a very large amount of FTers. Most FTers fly their own carriers to India to earn points or miles. Jet is not a revolution, people won't stop needing status on their home carriers they fly most of their flights on and start flying Jet to and from India.

I would give it a year and then reevaluate if Jet needs their own forum