View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 03, 5:40 pm
Always Flyin

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I prefer not to deal with travel agents in Thailand. Almost without exception they charge a surcharge for using credit cards and obtaining a refund if you cancel an itinerary is an excercise in patience and frustration.

I just called Thai again and quote them what is on their web site in regards to the 2 for 1 promotion:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Between March 1st and October 31st, THAI extends an invitation to experience the pleasure of premium class travel with an extraordinary offer.

Simply buy one THAI Royal First Class or Royal Executive Class ticket to the destination of your choice and receive a second ticket, for your spouse, companion or business colleague, completely free.

To make the offer even more rewarding, you'll earn full Royal Orchid Plus miles on both tickets. For complete details see below. For reservations contact your travel agent or THAI world-wide.</font>
The TG U.S. office apparently must not be part of "Thai world-wide" since they insist they can only book two for one tickets from LAX to BKK.

At this rate, I'll just fly Vietnam Air. Even they are not as screwed up as Thai Airways.