FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AB6 to PVG?
Thread: AB6 to PVG?
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2003, 6:09 am
alexwuk

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hclee01:
Hi Alex,

Any feedback on your Shanghai flight?

I will be flying with TG from BKK-PVG in October and the schedule shows up as Airbus-333. I am still thinking whether I should take Y or C class for travel. Given the good review so far with Y Class (better pitch) and that C class is not that great, I was thinking of taking Y Class.

Any comments?
</font>
My flight ended up as BKK-HKG-PVG in TG/KA F, since I wouldn't pay for 270 minutes in a Thai AB6 (An hour in C is plenty thanks...) in either C or Y.

Had the 333 been flying; I would have flown that in C - the best business class in the TG fleet (Just check the CRS shows '333' for aircraft type, not '330'). Excellent pitch, really comfortable seats and slightly above average service (Compared to US cariers).

As an aside: TG are not in my good books; now I'd probably fly BKK-HKG-PVG in CX/KA J or F. If you can't get a deeply discounted (approx. 27000 Baht R/T) business ticket on TG, I would ask a local agent in BKK about the CX/KA option.

Regards,
Alex

[This message has been edited by alexwuk (edited 09-04-2003).]