View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 07, 11:42 pm
bfrederi

Programs: AC, AA, CO, SPG
I am planning a trip to India for October, and would certainly echo your concerns about room availability, particularly for the ITC Welcomgroup hotels (usually Sheratons). Definitely a less expansive definition of a "standard" room than anywhere else in the world I have tried with SPG.

However, one suggestion I would mention: the availability of reward nights for many of the hotels has varied widely over the past 2-3 months I have been trying to put this trip together. One week rooms at the Maurya in Delhi are not available for a certain date, and the following week they suddenly will be. Ditto for the Maratha in Mumbai, and the Le Meridien in Mumbai as well (though not the Grand Central... I've never found availability there for any of my dates.)

So, not sure how soon your trip is, but it could pay to keep at it. I agree it shouldn't be this difficult, though. It will be interesting to see if some of the new Westins being opened over the next couple years (in Delhi and Bangalore, maybe also elsewhere?) will be noticeably easier to book.