FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What happens if security at LHR causes you to miss your connection?
Old Jul 15, 2007, 8:39 am
etch5895

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by OliverS
Would it be their liability to pay for the hotel if it comes to that?
How long would the LH flight have to be delayed to argue this delay being the cause to miss the onward flight?

I am mostly travelling with my notebook bag as sole carry-on item anyways that should not be a problem.
If the flights are not delayed, and you miss the flight due to the lines at the FCC, I don't think that LH is going to pay for your hotel room. Now, if their flight has mechanical issues, that might be a different story.

If you are flying out on the UA flight from LHR, that might be the last flight of the day on UA. If you are really worried, try to get out on an earlier MUC-LHR flight. Call the airline and tell them your concerns, and see if they will move you to an earlier flight that day.

If you are not eligible for Fast track at LHR, you are going to experience the full pain of the FCC, and there will be many people in the line in the same predicament that you are in. Heathrow is a mess, but at least you won't need to clear Immigrations or anything like that.