FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When the Airline You Love Walks Away - DL Leaving BGM
Old Jul 13, 2007, 9:27 am
Lehava
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
When the Airline You Love Walks Away - DL Leaving BGM

Well, the writing was on the wall, and I said it here a year ago, Jim Whitehurst promised me it wasnt going to happen, and it was announced today. DL is pulling all service from BGM Sept 6th!

I was as much of a kool-aid drinker as there was, but Delta you did this to yourself.......

Last year DL changed from BGM-CVG....this is the end product of that decision

In between we had BGM-ATL, a 2+ hour flight on RJ's, a severe drop in on time performance and a huge increase in cancellations. A couple months ago we swapped one of the BGM-ATL (we had 2 a day) for BGM-JFK. Reliability even lower, and using props instead of RJ's.

The only one who has benefited from this is NWA, their BGM-DTW flights are constantly oversold. They were smart enough to know a reliable flight, to the center of the country was what we need. Delta was too blind to see that.

BTW Delta is claiming that this was over loads, loads at BGM are up 44% in the last year.

Jim, Jerry....you guys really blew it on this one!!!!!!!!!