FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is happening??
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2007, 4:51 pm
SwissCircle
Suspended

Question What is happening??

What is happening?

During the last year or so I have noticed that there is an overall concern of an escalating devaluation within frequent flyer programs, hotel programs in regards to ALMOST EVERY aspect of the benefits for their best /smartest clients.
Also that the 1st Class and Business Class products seem to devaluate constantly despite new seats (BA, SQ, CX) and services (FCT in FRA, Red Carpet boarding, elite fast track etc.).
At the same time fares are going down and fees/taxes and multiple other lusty surcharges go up.
High end cards have less to offer and any new ones soon devaluate as well.
What is the plan behind that?
not sure if this is the right place to place this
The so valued frequent traveler will be travelling in the future, no matter what we (The Travel Industry and/or government) do to him.
All the new technological inventions like OLCI, Mr. Chicken, e-tickets etc. seem to receive such very controversial responses and eventually will only be fully accepted after a long period of repetitive “forcing” by imposed fees for personalized service and/or the simple refusal to offer such service at all.

Is it the goal to have a willing, paying, machine / security agent obidiend, just being happy to have at least some water and food on a 12 hour flight, today iSSSS one of those 3 or more days I prepare for a cavity search before boarding a flight on which I happily agree to be downgraded and even pay for a difference or get screwed completely and wind up being completely and utterly thankful to be allowed to pay more and get home, customer??? What would be the gain of that???Any Idea`s???