FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Northwest Mulls Coach Choice Expansion
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2007, 6:02 am
SchmutzigMSP

Take a Breath

Take a breath.

Now that you have, realize that they appear to only be considering it. No doubt they will address the same concerns that elites had with the initial CoachChoice launch, if not even further with the int'l flights than domestic. No one has any information that they're going to put our precious 10/29 seats in the CC inventory, or really any other "P" seats either. It may just be random row 35 windows/aisles and perhaps some of the non-reclining exit row seats or something. We don't know and they haven't said.

Like it or not, CoachChoice has been a pretty solid revenue generator for NW, something that cost them almost nil to implement. As an elite, I've never been burdened by the CoachChoice seats after they fixed the initial problems with them. There's always been a better seat available at the time of booking, and on the few occasions where there was not, I was able to select them at no cost 24 hours out.

I'd give this one a little room before jumping all over it. We know how quickly they responded with the complaints en masse last time, so if something isn't fair to the elites, their track record shows they do listen and are willing to make modifications.