FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disputing Hotel Star Ratings on Priceline
Old Jul 9, 2007, 8:38 pm
cornellalum

Disputing Hotel Star Ratings on Priceline

A recent one of my bids for a 3* hotel was accepted by Priceline. My family stayed at this property recently, and absolutely hated the hotel.

We have done many PL bids in the past, and this was the biggest disappointment. This hotel room was quite disgusting. Among the problems, bedbugs, dirty carpet, worn furniture, small room, peeling/cracked paint, dirty floor moldings, mold on the bathroom tiles, musty room smell. Reviews on PL and on tripadvisor indicate some of these similar comments.

It is definitely not up to par to the 3 star hotel examples listed on the priceline website (Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Embassy Suites, Sheraton, Holiday Inn). However, it does offer the services listed with the PL website (remote controlled TV with premium channels, phone, voicemail, radio alarm clock, iron + ironing board, hairdrhyer, business services, 24 hr front desk, restaurant, room service). The only in-room dining offered was breakfast. Can I contest this point?

I definitely would not consider our room a "high quality room" as stated on the Priceline website. Our first night, we contacted Priceline and inquired about relocation to a different 3* hotel or getting a refund but the representative mentioned that there was nothing she could do.

Orbitz, Expedia rate this a 3*, AAA rates it a 2*. Is there anything I can do to get a refund of my money? We stayed the entire period spanning multiple days, but I feel that we did not get the service we paid for. I'm looking for tips on the best way to dispute this transaction, either through PL, or through the credit card company.

Edited to add: The property in question is the Copley Square Hotel in Boston, MA

Last edited by cornellalum; Jul 10, 2007 at 10:44 am