FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comments Welcome: Voting Underway - Create Finnair Plus Forum
Old Jul 5, 2007, 4:17 am
Jenbel
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Thanks to iwillflytheworld for his summation as to why he thinks a Finnair forum would be a good idea ^

I've got to admit, I'm swithering on this one. Unlike Dovster, I'm rather less worried about how many people say they will post in such a forum, than in how many people on the boards already are posting about the airline. As such, I've found it much more informative to go into Other European Airlines forum to see how much current activity there is about this airline, than reading posts by people saying that they will post in such a forum. If they aren't already posting about the airline (and in fairness, some of you clearly are!) why should I expect that to change just because a new forum has been created? AY is not a homeless forum - it has a home currently.

I suppose that this is a gentle (but not so subtle ) reminder that there are more people to convince on TB than Dovster - he's set out his criteria by which he would support the forum creation, and you've met that. But we don't all share the same ideas about what makes a successful forum. Personally, for me, I like to see a lot of existing activity, and enough threads to convince me that the airline has really outgrown the 'Other' forum which is its current home. So hence, I'm swithering on this one.