FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - question about travelling with an infant
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2007, 6:30 pm
baglady
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sdadept
any tips on ways to keep the child calm that has worked for other parents?

any advice would be appreciated.
First of all, relax and enjoy the flight That will keep your child calm more than anything. Be prepared, be over prepared. Take enough toys, books, lovies (blankie, special stuffed animal, whatever works) to make it an enjoyable flight. Also, a change of clothes plus plenty of snacks, wipes, and diapers (if there is still room, an extra shirt for you). If your child watches DVDs, take a DVD player and their favorite movie (along with headphones - over the ear headphones work the best despite being so large).

I started giving my daughter the safety card when she was very, very little; as she has grown older, she wants to have that card in her hand for takeoff and enjoys the entire safety spiel.

I have found Delta (despite not being a Delta fan) to be quite child friendly. I have found the FAs and pilots to go out of their way to make it as enjoyable as an experience for both the parents and children as possible.

The more you can put under the seat (s) in front of you, the better as it makes everything within reach. I have always packed a special treat or toy for takeoff as it is different and the child is entranced; at least for a while.

Have a wonderful trip!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 6, 2007 at 12:15 pm Reason: fixing code