FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yea! UA planes are full. The strategy is working. Why do I feel so bad?
Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:58 pm
bdjohns1

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Originally Posted by fastair
Six Sigma...what % perfect is that? It is virtualy 100% (by any normal statsitical measure.) Do you think that UA leaders read those books?
Operating at a 6S quality level would mean less than 4 defects per million opportunities. I'd be surprised if UA is operating at a 1S level when it comes to customer service.

I've been reading "The Toyota Way" recently - maybe we should send a case of those books to WHQ and divvy out a case to the union heads.

These fight loads are getting to be a PITA for me too. Today I needed to book a trip for next week heading ORD-FAT. Usually, this goes through SFO or LAX, and costs $650-900. Via LAX priced at $900, but I couldn't get a seat assignment. I can't afford to be bumped and delayed this trip, or else I'd play the bump game. Via SFO, $1200. So, it's ORD-LAS-FAT for me. Rar! That, and a longer flight in an EMB-120, although I did snag 9C. Return, same deal - only way to go was via DEN with a 3-hr layover (and me w/o any extra RCC day passes - anyone going to be in DEN next Thursday evening?)